Darrin brings over 20 years of experience in construction to the Solar Island Energy team. His extensive solar energy background includes managing over 275 projects for a national solar integrator based in San Francisco, CA.
Darrin’s general construction experience and expertise also are assets and benefits for us and our clients; he has managed or played key team roles on over $90M in construction projects. Darrin grew up in a small town in Illinois, and served four years in the US Marine Corps.
- Project Manager for two utility-owned, community solar projects. Engineered and constructed for Prairie Power Incorporated; Springfield, IL. Two project sites, totaling 1.2 MW. Completed in 2015.
- Project Manager for five utility-owned, grid-asset solar projects. Engineered and constructed for Central Iowa Power Cooperative (CIPCO). The sites total 5.5 MW. Completed in 2016.
- Gateway RT – 673,000 square foot commercial new construction. This joint-venture project is a tilt-up warehouse, located near Edwardsville, IL. Completed in 2014.
- Bramblett Hills Apartments – Construction Manager of an 18-building, 204-unit, apartment development located in O’Fallon, MO. Completed in 2016.
- Alinea at Town and Country – Construction Manager of a 3-building, 254-unit apartment development in St Louis, MO. Completed in 2015.
Areas of Expertise
- Solar-PV project management
- Subcontractor management and coordination
- Carpentry and general construction
- Remodeling and new construction